How DJI Phantom Drone Battery Maintenance?
here gives DJI Phantom 3 4 Drone Battery Maintenance Information in Professional Way:
DO NOT OVERCHARGED
1) use a match well charger. li-ion battery charger and li polymer battery charger has very similar parameter, so both can be replace for each other.
2) do not charge the battery without man watching.
3) every 10times charged batteries, it should take a test with each single battery cell, if voltage of each cell differs too much, charge will explode.
4) charge the battery at a safe place. do not too wet, too cold or too hot.
5) make sure charge the battery with 1C, now some factory give a fast charge with 2C or 3C charge current, this will shorten battery life greatly if without proper notice from manufacturer.
DO NOT OVER DISCHARGED
when you first discharge the drone battery during operation, drone battery voltage will drop fast. when battery voltage comes to 3.9v-3.7v, it will go flat, much more stable. then after drone keep fly, when battery voltage drops below 3.7v, it will drop fast. That will easily cause overcharged. so please take good use of warning system. when drone gives alert, then stop fly. reduce one more fly, then save one more cyclelife of battery. you can take serval pcs of drone battery at one time, do not overdischarge the battery. that will not only cause battery overdischarge and lifeclye shorten, but even explode the drone.
DO NOT STORE DRONE BATTERY IN FULL POWER
if drone with battery will not be used for a long time, then you must not store it after full charged. you should discharge the battery to 3.8v-3.9v for a single layer of batteries. if not use within 3months, then make sure discharge it again after 1 month since you store it.