18650 lithium-ion batteries are commonly used in electronic products. They are often used as batteries in notebook computers. The definition rule of the type is as follows: for example, 18650 type, that is, the diameter of the battery is 18 mm, the length is 65 mm, so 18650 battery means a kind of cylinder type battery.
Let's have a brief view of 18650 li-ion battery:
nominal voltage: 3.7V.
charging voltage : 4.20V~4.3V/4.35V max
minimum discharge termination voltage: 2.75V.
Maximum charging termination voltage: 4.20V (Sanyo, Samsung, LG and other new large capacity 18650 charging termination voltage is 4.30v or 4.35V, while Panasonic is still 4.20v)
Diameter: 18 + 0.2mm
Height: 65 + 0.2mm
Capacity: 3 400 mAh in 13 years (Panasonic 3400 MAH)
Standard 18650 li-ion battery cyclelife: >300 times DOD 80% @ 0.2c to 2.75v, that means any other datus are not real cyclelife in real test, or that is, fake label
The advantages of 18650 lithium-ion batteries over conventional batteries are as follows:
1. High voltage: The voltage of 18650 lithium-ion batteries is generally 3.6V, 3.8V and 4.2V, which is much higher than that of nickel-cadmium and nickel-hydrogen batteries. actually, with technique develop fast recent years, high voltage 18650 battery even reach 4.35v max, which has much higher capacity than normal tech company.
2. Large capacity: The capacity of 18650 lithium-ion batteries is generally between 1200 MAH and 3600 mah, while the capacity of general batteries is only about 800. If 18650 lithium-ion batteries are combined to form 18650 lithium-ion batteries, 18650 lithium-ion batteries can easily break through 5000 mah. besides, 18650 capacity density is supposed to reach 300wh/kg by 2020.
3. Long life: 18650 lithium-ion batteries have a long service life. Their cycle life can reach more than 500 times in normal use, which is more than twice that of ordinary batteries. any longer battery life than standard required should be test first, SINOLI is quite doubt with such fake label.
4. High safety performance: 18650 lithium-ion battery has high safety performance, no explosion, no combustion; non-toxic, non-polluting, RoHS trademark certification; all kinds of safety performance, cycle times are more than 500; high temperature resistance, discharge efficiency reaches 100% at 65 degrees. what's more, 18650 NCM battery has been allowed to put into use on EV cars in 2016, that means, NCM 18650 battery is proved to be safe enough to used in mobility vehicals.
In order to prevent short circuit of batteries, the positive and negative electrodes of 18650 lithium-ion batteries are separated. So the possibility of short circuit has been reduced to the extreme. Protective boards can be installed to avoid over charging and over discharging of batteries, thus prolonging the service life of batteries.
18650 Power Battery and Digital Battery and Tool Battery Comparison:
1. Dynamic Battery: Discharge current is long, so it is required that the temperature should not be too high when the internal resistance is low.
2. Digital Battery: Small Discharge Current is a more common battery as long as the cycle is long OK
3. Tool Battery: High discharge current, high power can not be used for a long time.
The difference between power 18650 battery and digital 18650 battery:
1. The positive and negative ears of 18650 power lithium-ion batteries are more than those of 18650 lithium-ion batteries.
2. 18650 power batteries support high current discharge, which may reach 20 times the capacity of current. 18650 ordinary lithium-ion batteries only support 1 times the capacity of discharge.
3. The particle size of positive and negative materials for 18650 power lithium-ion batteries is smaller than that of conventional 18650 lithium-ion batteries (enlarging the surface area and accelerating the chemical reaction rate). The diaphragm materials and electrolytes used in 18650 power lithium-ion batteries have better conductivity.
4. The capacity of 18650 power batteries is generally about twice that of 18650 lithium-ion batteries.
The capacity of 18650 power batteries is generally about twice that of ordinary digital batteries. It is estimated that it will not exceed 2000 mAh at most. Usually in 1000 mAh ~ 1800 mAh.
18650 power battery supports high current discharge, which may reach 20 times capacity. 18650 digital lithium-ion battery only supports 1 times capacity discharge. That is, an digital 2600 mAh 18650 battery has a maximum discharge current of 2600 mA.
At present, the world's largest manufacturers of this type of lithium-ion batteries are Sanyo (which has been acquired by Panasonic), Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, LG and so on.